The Foundation Rural Energy Services is Dutch not-for-profit establishing commercial electricity companies under local management to advance rural electrification in Africa. FRES is recognized as a public benefit organization (ANBI) by the Dutch tax authorities.
FRES Netherlands is looking for new colleagues to join us in our ambition.
Take a look at our current vacancies.
The General Managers of the FRES companies lead all local operations and are responsible for daily affairs.
- Djibril Séméga General Manager FRES Mali/Yeelen Kura, Mali
- Archives Fernandes General Manager FRES Guinea-Bissau, Guinea Bissau
- Bourama Keita General Manager FRES Burkina Faso/Yeelen Ba, Burkina-Faso
- Joselyne B. Musiime General Manager FRES Uganda Ltd., Uganda
FRES The Netherlands
Our small head office in Amsterdam, The Netherlands oversees and supports the activities of local companies in Africa. It is also responsible procurement, fundraising and expansion in new countries.
- Ido Verhagen Managing Director
- Michelle Makoni Group Controller
- Mark van Niekerk Regional Operations Manager
- Martijn Schootstra Technical Advisor
- Symon Miedema Regional Operations Manager
- Anouk Verbraak Office Manager
The FRES Board is responsible for the development of the FRES policy, strategy and the realisation of budget, targets and results. The board members work on a voluntary basis.
- Wim Plaizier President
- Paul Gaalman Treasurer
- Serge Leijten Operations
- Sophie Dingenen Board Member
- Paul Hol Board Member
- Wim Sinke Board Member
- Lidwien Schils Board Member